http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Summer's here... TOTALLY AWESOME

Last night I went to a party. Last night I got very drunk. Last night was possibly the best night of my life. Last night I acheived Cripple Nirvana: "I am a Crip but I don't give a fsck because people I've never met before are accepting me for who I am..." (- either that or people didn't realise I'm a spaz and though I was just very very pissed (that has happened)).

Yeah. One of my friends has links with one of the Oxford Colleges and managed to hire out a pavilion on one of the sports fields for the evening. He also knows far too many wierd and wonderful people for his own good and a fantastic number of awesome bands. So we have a hundred or so people aged 14-24 (or so) sitting on a field outside a pavilion (lit only by UV and fairy lights) getting drunk, stoned and listening to music. The style of dressed ranged from DJ's and crossdressing to punk and truelly undescribable via perfectly normal. Absolutely fantastic evening that combined all the ingrediants of perfect happiness - good music, good weather, good booze and (of course) good friends.

Today it is far to hot once again. I've just been shopping and have come home with a truely awesome Fat Face top - "Better a bad day on the water than a good day in the office" - and REM's Automatic For The People. Whilst writting this I am listening to Man on the Moon - a fantastic song.

As Fat Face says "Life is out there" so go enjoy it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hi Luke, Thanks for posting on my blog, You're wonderful1 My sister Lou loves the shop"fat Face" too like you. I previously wrote on here a comment about York where did you go sweetie anywhere nice there?

11:25 pm  
Blogger The Goldfish said...

Automatic For The People is one of the absolute staples of any decent record collection. It is a perfect album. Consider your purchase a rite of passage to maturity. :-)

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am i not mature enough as it is?? ;)

*Katie: sorry i didn't pick up on your post :(. I was viisiting york university because i might aply there - it's a really nice campus and the city is beautiful.

10:37 am  
Blogger The Goldfish said...

No, but I could give you a list of all the other albums you need to meet the criteria. ;-)

To get you started, you also need REM's Out of Time and I recommend New Adventures in Hi Fi even though it wasn't a top seller, I actually think that's their best album.

4:19 pm  
Blogger Nicola said...

i lurve Automatic....

micheal stipe is well fit...i quite like Out of Time too but only for that laladadadada track...

exactly how drunk did you get? can you walk better when pissed?

4:53 pm  
Blogger stella said...

Oh, for it to be summer! It's pissing with rain in Melbourne, I'm wearing two pairs of socks, and I'm still bloody freezing :-( Enjoy the sunshine kids!

4:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home